A lot of what we keep has to do with our emotional attachment to our things. These beliefs keep us holding on to things that no longer serve us as they should but because of the emotional attachment we find it hard to let go.
• When something has sentimental value we feel we must keep it.
• When we received something as a gift we feel we must keep it.
• If we let go of something we are letting go of the dream.
• When we paid good money for some we feel we must keep it.
• I might need it some day? Some of us have inherited a depression era mentality.
• I don’t know where to start because things are so messy.
If any of the above statements ring true for you and you are struggling with your clutter perhaps now is the time to consider professional organising assistance.
about organising can help you!
Contact Jeanette for a free initial consultation to discuss your decluttering options.