- If you buy something new discard something old.
- Don’t buy on impulse – if you see something you love leave it in the store and think about it for 3 days – if you still love it then go back and buy it.
- Store your items so that you can see what you have i.e. see-through containers work well.
- Know where you are going to store your purchase when you get home.
- Buy classic styles that last.
- If you want to stay in with fashion colours and trends accessorise with scarves and inexpensive fashion items.
- Don’t make shopping a leisure activity.
- Be aware that stores manipulate shoppers into buying things they don’t need.
- Think about the clothing you buy – when choosing an item make sure you can wear it with at least 3 other items of clothing that you already have
- Buy only things that you absolutely love.
If you feel that your things are taking over in your life, don’t hesitate to contact a professional organiser.
Until next time – your life in balance.
Tips to maintain your newly organised space